Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Salvation Army- First Time


Hey Thrift Buddies!

I recently visited a new thrift shop in my area. It was The Salvation Army!

This thrift store was clean and well organized. It had a large selection of clothing- especially tops and coats! 

The only thing I wasn't crazy about were the prices. The clothes were still cheap, but I think Goodwill has them beat. For example. a sweater at Goodwill is usually between $4-$6, but at The Salvation Army they were between $8-$12. I think the problem was that this Salvation Army was a little more picky, and raised the prices on items they knew were worth more- which was smart on their part, but stunk for me. 

Nevertheless, I found some good pieces of clothing to take home!



A lovely navy blue sweater- I wear it almost everyday!

I finally found a denim jacket!!!

Simple black and white striped dress :)

I love that chunky blue sweater soooo much. It matches everything in my closet! Also, I was so excited to find that denim jacket. It has been on my list for a while, so I was so happy to finally get it! I decided I'm going to cover it in random patches to make the jacket my own. I also found this cute simple black and white dress. I love the stripes and I think it will be perfect for layering!

So that was my experience of The Salvation Army thrift store.

What do you guys think of your local Salvation Army?

No comments:

Post a Comment