Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Denim Jacket Restyle

Hey Thrift Buddies,

A couple of months ago, I got a lovely denim jacket from the Salvation Army. Although I love how the jacket looked when I bought it, I wanted to try to personalize it and make it my own. I searched pinterest for jean jacket restyle ideas and here are some I liked. 

sew a canvas painting on the back

cover the jacket in patches

I especially liked the jacket with patches, so I decided that I would cover my own jacket in random patches.



This is how my jacket looks right now. It only has a few patches, but every time I am free, I sit down and sew another patch on. I like that the patches give the jacket character and I also like that no one else will have a jacket just like mine!

Maybe in a year, I'll update you guys on what my jacket looks like, hopefully by then it will be fully covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment