Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Searching for Suflowers


Hey Thrift Buddies!

As you guys probably already know, I am in love with sunflowers! Because I love sunflowers so much, I have been searching for the perfect sunflower dress. This search has been very difficult and is often very disappointing. After searching multiple Goodwills many times, I decided to look on ebay. Ebay had a decent selection of vintage sunflower dresses, but they were often very pricey. I was able to find one that was a good price and so I bought it.  



This is the first sunflower dress I bought, except it is actually a romper. I really like they bright yellow sunflower pattern against the blue background. However, when I tried on the romper, I didn't like how it fit me...this wasn't my dream sunflower dress.

So I continued to search. I went back on ebay, and found a new sunflower dress. I ordered it and hoped for the best.




Once again I loved the sunflower pattern on the dress, but when I tried it on, it didn't fit right. The dress was a bit too long for my liking and the arm holes were too big for me. This wasn't the dress I was looking for either.


A couple weeks later, I went to Goodwill, and as I was sifting through the dresses, I found this beauty.



I think this might be the one. I love the red and yellow flowers and the flowy skirt. It's a little longer than I desired, but I actually love how it looks. I can't wait to throw this dress on for a sunny day in the park.

Don't give up searching for that special piece! You will find it one day, probably when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment